Crosspoint Christian School

 


Go to content

Ongoing Fundraisers

Advancement

Tuition pays about 91% of the costs of running the school each year. Our expenses include paying qualified faculty and staff, covering building rent and janitorial care, providing academic materials and text books, and general office overhead. The remaining 9% comes from fundraisers, generous donors, and the uncharted hours that volunteers donate to school to advance these efforts. Without these gifts of time and money, Crosspoint would not exist in this community, equipping young people for a Christ-centered life with the consistently solid, biblically-based education for which we are known.

Crosspoint uses a fundraising model that focuses on everyday activities and purchases. We occasionally punctuate this with specific fundraising events, but those are kept less frequent to make the time and energy our volunteers invest worthwhile. Our primary fundraiser is the school's Dinner Auction held each spring, which has become a well-known and respected event in Franklin County.

Our ongoing fundraisers include:

Amazon Smile Foundation

 

Shop on Amazon using the AmazonSmile link smile.amazon.com, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to Crosspoint. Items that are eligible are noted in the "Add to Cart" box. You get the same great Amazon prices, using your existing Amazon account, at no additional cost to you.

 

Supprort Crosspoint through AmazonSmile...

BoxTops for Education

 

This program gives the school cash for the coupons you clip off of the labels or packaging of particpating brand products such as General Mills cereals, Betty Crocker mixes, Hefty and Ziploc products, and many more. How fast can 10 coupons add up? In recent years, Crosspoint has received checks up to $1000 from this program.

 

Learn more about participating brands...

Great Lakes Scrip Card program

 

Where do you do your weekly shopping, fill up your car, purchase presciptions, eat out, or buy clothes? Are you keeping an Amazon wishlist, remodeling your house (or just fixing the plumbing), enmeshed in a crafting hobby, or addicted to iTunes? Hundreds of participating retailers have agreed to donate a percentage of the face value of the scrip card (looks like a store gift card) to the school, while giving you the full value of the card! Donation percentages can vary, depending on the retailer, from 1% (usually gas stations) to 14% (typically apparel and restaurant retailers). The school office regularly keeps cards for popular local retailers on hand and will place orders for others. If the retailer is one that you will regularly use, let us know so we can keep it in the active inventory. Orders are usually placed on Mondays and arrive by Friday.

 

Learn more about participating retailers...

Schnucks eScrip Community Card

 

Works like a membership rewards card where Schnucks donates 1-3% of your monthly purchases to Crosspoint. Cards are available at any Schnucks store. Register your card to designate Crosspoint as donation recipiant. Every time you shop at Schnucks, have your card scanned when you check out!

 

Learn more...

Shop Around the Corner

 

Crosspoint has a consigner account set up at the resale store Shop Around the Corner in Washington! This is a great place to take your gently used clothing, toys, and household items that you no longer need or want, and Crosspoint receives 50% of the sale price. Just give them account #3821, and the school will get the proper credit. The store is located at the corner of East 5th Street and International Avenue (across from Pizza Hut and next to Town & Country Lanes).
Seasonal items should be appropriate to the current or upcoming season (call the store when in doubt).
Clothing should be neat and on hangers (available at the store). Only 15 articles of clothing are accepted at a time.
If donating furnature, call the store in advance to make sure they are able to receive it and have staff available to help carry it into the store.
All items should be dropped off at the back of the store on Alberta Lane.
Items can be dropped off 9 am - 5 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and up until 1 pm on Saturdays.
The staff is always friendly - call if you have any questions! 636-390-2900

   

Welcome | About Us | Admissions | Academics | Athletics | Student Life | Calendar | Advancement | Give | Alumni | Contact Us | Site Map

Search

Back to content | Back to main menu